08 July 2009

Hong Mao and Cat



Isabella soon ditched the little rabbit we sent to her in China and Eeyore whom we took over in favour of Hong Mao (Cantonese for Panda). We are now on Hong Mao mark 3, but she doesn't drop him out of her pram anymore so no 3 has been around for a while!

Isabella has never really been into dolls apart from undressing them to see how the buttons, or fasteners work! But recently Hong Mao has become increasingly important. She holds him to sleep, and kisses him all the time! She even tucks him into her pushchair and covers him when she is walking! And when we walk along the road we both have to hold one of Hong Mao's paws! Recently he has been joined by 'cat'. We bought cat in Ikea, she just picked it up and cuddled 'her' so is now her second favourite toy! Its lovely to see how her imagination is growing and how she now interacts with her favourite toys! Ma Ma has recently bought a reserve Hong Mao as she would be devastated if he got lost. She found him yesterday and called him Hong Mao Gor Gor ( Cantonese for Panda's big brother!).

Here is a picture of Hong Mao and cat enjoying Euro Disney! Dont worry Hong Mao has had a 'special bath' since then and is back to being black and white instead of grey and white!

I also got one for my friend J, who one day will have her little girl from China home:) J, I will leave it in your pigeon hole when I next visit the Uni or when I am back at work! I hope your daughter will love it as much as Isabella loves hers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Suzanne,
I so love reading your blog and catching up with the gorgeous little Isabella's progress. You are doing so well. Thank you so much for getting a Hong Mao for my future daughter- that was so thoughtful and I am so touched. I will put him away somewhere special.

suzanne said...

J you actually know my little girl and have met her on several occassions so we are both biased!you and G will be fantastic parents and cant wait for your daughter/s to be referred. Keep faith and keep Hong Mao safe for her/them, I think of you both often! Sorry our last coffee morning didn't pan out! Next time!